You’ve probably already done your last mowing of the year and hung up the leaf blower for the season. It’s time to think about snow removal and de-icing the driveway. The last thing on your mind right now is getting your mower ready for cutting the grass. However, there are many benefits to having your yard care equipment serviced in the off-season. Not only can you have peace of mind knowing a professional has inspected it when spring comes, but you can also hit the ground running.
Benefits Of Having Yard Equipment Professionally Maintained
From now through February, Colonial Lawn & Garden offers professional equipment maintenance services. Our skilled and trained technicians deliver the highest quality service. Some of the many benefits of trusting us with the maintenance of your tools include:
We’ll Handle The Consumable Parts
These include parts like changing the oil, replacing filters, and changing the spark plugs.
We Know What To Look For
Our technicians will inspect every part of your equipment, and if we find a problem, we have the expertise to repair it. As part of our thorough inspection, we’ll also clean your equipment.
Extend The Equipment Life
You may not realize there’s a broken part on your riding lawnmower. Or maybe there’s a problem with your string trimmer limiting the automatic feeding of the cable. Little things like these can sabotage the functionality of the equipment, cause further damage, and shorter the lifespan of the tool. And it often leads to more costly repairs down the road. When you have your equipment inspected every year, we’ll proactively address these problems before they cause irreparable damage. Plus, when everything is working as it should be, you’ll get greater fuel economy, better reliability, and enhanced performance out of your gas-powered equipment.
We Offer Free Pickup And Delivery
If you live within a 10-mile radius of our offices, we’ll pick up and return your equipment at no charge. This service is available now through February.
Repair vs. Replace
Often, you might think the problem with your equipment is unfixable, and you’ll have to buy a brand new unit. Fortunately, we can rescue and repair your equipment, potentially saving you thousands of dollars. For instance, the mower you think is just not cutting it – pun intended – might be having a problem because of caked-on grass build-up. We can remedy this!
Signs Your Yard Equipment Needs Repairs
- Your mower won’t start
- You can see or smell gas or oil leaking
- The engine makes a knocking or rattling sound when operating
- Your mower burns through gas faster than it used to
- Your mower smokes when operating
- The grass is cut unevenly
- The mower feels like it’s vibrating differently or more than usual when operating
- Your snow blower won’t start
- The machine starts but won’t blow snow
- The auger is not turning properly
- The wheels are not turning properly
- Your equipment won’t start
- The trimmer starts but has a rough idle
- The string isn’t cutting the grass
- The string cuts the grass but seems to lack power
Types Of Yard Equipment We Repair
Our team handles many typical yard equipment tools, including walk-behind mowers, riding lawn mowers, leaf blowers, string trimmers, snow blowers, and more. Our inspection and servicing includes the following:
- Changing engine oil
- Replacing spark plugs
- Assessing air filter to determine if we can clean the current one or if it should be replaced
- Checking the fuel filter to determine if it’s still functional or should be replaced
- Sharpening mower blades
- Inspecting tires and inflating them to the correct pressure
- Assessing nuts and bolts and tightening as needed
- Pressure washing equipment
- Removing grass build-up from under mowers
- Cleaning cooling fins
- Cleaning exhaust ports
- Lubricating gearbox
- Making adjustments
- and more!
Let Colonial Lawn Handle Your Riding Lawn Mower Repair
Whether you’ve got a walk-behind mower or riding mower, whatever yard equipment you need to get the job done, Colonial Lawn & Garden will ensure it’s running correctly. As a full-service lawn care company, we’re pleased to offer equipment maintenance service from November to February. Our thorough inspections will address common worn-out parts, oil and filter changes, and more. When spring comes, your tools will be ready to go! We also offer pest control, tree and shrub care, and lawn care services to customers in the metro Yakima region. To learn more about the equipment we service, or to schedule an appointment, give us a call at (509) 966-1655 for customers in Yakima or for Richland, call (509) 371-1655. Or you can inquire online through our contact form.